amulware.net
Addicted to pixels. Making games.

Bestio's feedback

Postby Bestio » Mon Jun 02, 2014 08:30

I really love the game even if I was a bit scared at the beginning because of the procedural content.

Here are some things I'd like to be implemented or improved :

- a sound and/or a graphic alert when your shield is really low (because you don't have time to check you bar at the bottom right to know if you can or not go throught the next bullets wave)

- maybe an explosion or something like that at the end of the phoenix transformation (because you usually stay on ennemies during phoenix form and you sometimes being killed when it's finished)

- new "weapon" : a clone who's taunting ennemies for few seconds

- more boss levels : it's sad to only face each one time

- it's not easy at the beginning to understand that collecting green orbs upgrade your auto attack, you should maybe show it somewhere on the UI. In Full Mojo Rampage (a lovely game I recommand) you can show main stats at top of the screen (health, fire rate, damages and move speed http://www.gamesidestory.com/wp-content ... page23.jpg It's pretty different because you can pick up items which modify your stats but I like the fact to know exactly how my character is

I hope this message will be understandable (I'm french :'() and otherwise, I'll stream the game a bit on my channel tonight at 23h (UTC+1) http://www.twitch.tv/bestiyo

Cheers.
Bestio

Postby Tom » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:55

Hey Bestio. Thanks for your feedback. Some things we have already heard before and are already on our list, but thanks for reminding us about them and giving your perspective on these problems. Every feedback is of course most welcome.

- maybe an explosion or something like that at the end of the phoenix transformation (because you usually stay on ennemies during phoenix form and you sometimes being killed when it's finished)

As you might know, we discussed this during the stream a bit too. We are still a bit divided on how exactly the Phoenix should disappear, but I agree with you that it should be explosions.

- new "weapon" : a clone who's taunting ennemies for few seconds

This sounds like an interesting mechanic we could do something with. We would have to see how exactly the taunting would work out, but I can definitely see something similar appear in the game.

- more boss levels : it's sad to only face each one time

Oh yeah, we have some amazing ideas to make your life harder!

- it's not easy at the beginning to understand that collecting green orbs upgrade your auto attack, you should maybe show it somewhere on the UI. In Full Mojo Rampage (a lovely game I recommand) you can show main stats at top of the screen (health, fire rate, damages and move speed http://www.gamesidestory.com/wp-content ... page23.jpg It's pretty different because you can pick up items which modify your stats but I like the fact to know exactly how my character is

This definitely looks like something would could into. I am not sure if we can make that work, especially because the green orbs also upgrade the secondary guns after you got them, so we would have to find some sort of compromis for that. I agree that it might not be clear enough that the green orbs should be picked up, so if you have any ideas how we could improve that, make sure to let us know.

Once again, thanks a lot for your input, we really appreciate it. If you find anything else or think of something silly that just has to be in the game, let us know and we will do our very best to make it happen!
Tom
Roche Fusion Developer

Postby Bestio » Tue Jun 03, 2014 07:39

Thank you again for coming on the stream Amul, I was very happy to talk about the game with you :)

I say once again, I love this game which has become a real addiction for me ^^

If someone is interested, here's my yesterday best run : http://www.twitch.tv/bestiyo/c/4387607

I have not beaten Matty but that's for next time!
Bestio

Postby Bestio » Fri Jun 06, 2014 07:22

Bestio

Postby amul » Fri Jun 06, 2014 16:28

I already read it! Or well, what google translate can make of it (which is more than enough to understand).

Thanks for the great and in-depth write up!
amul
Site Admin

Return to Roche Fusion