amulware.net
Addicted to pixels. Making games.

12h Development Live Stream - Making a ship from scratch

Random ramblings about what we are working on.

Postby amul » Thu Dec 18, 2014 08:31

This Saturday I have a little something special in store for everyone interested:

I will be implementing a new playable ship for Roche Fusion, starting just with some art assets, and ending with a completely playable ship, including weapons, upgrades, and an ultimate mode.

Concept art of the new ship.

And the entire thing will be streamed live on my Twitch page:

http://twitch.tv/amulware

I will be starting this Saturday, at 8:00AM CET (click for your local time), and be working for up to 12 hours (minus a few tiny breaks) straight.

If you'd like to see how we are creating content for Roche Fusion, this is a great opportunity for you to drop by, watch, ask questions, chat, or just have a good time.
I'll be happy to answer any questions you have during the stream, and maybe you can even influence how this new ship is implemented with your own ideas!

Hope to see you there!
amul
Site Admin

Postby Adwise » Thu Dec 18, 2014 08:42

Good idea ! I'll come and say hello. Too bad I don't know C# though.
Adwise

Postby amul » Thu Dec 18, 2014 09:28

Looking forward to seeing you there!

And don't worry, I'll be doing a lot of stuff with script files and our own tools as well, not just pure C# coding.
Also, of course I will be there, explaining what I am doing. :D
amul
Site Admin

Postby SaphireS » Thu Dec 18, 2014 13:07

Great! <3
SaphireS

Postby amul » Sat Dec 20, 2014 20:18

Stream is over. New ship is mostly finished (only needs to be polished in a couple of ways, but it is fully functional). New build is on Steam, so check it out everybody, and let us know what you think about this newest addition to the fleet!

Overall, I am super happy with the stream today. I had a whole lot of fun. Thanks everyone for dropping by, and for all the feedback and suggestions I got right there on stream. Always awesome to talk to you guys! :)
amul
Site Admin

Postby Matty » Sat Dec 20, 2014 20:36

Some small issues on the new ship:
- The ulti part beneath the screen doesn't shoot.
- The flak icon seems not to take space in the botton left part of the screen (HUD).

A big issue:
- The flak gun (although it feels weak) might be slighly overpowered.

But I just had a wonderful game, absolutely amazing, should've recorded it.
Matty

Postby amul » Sun Dec 21, 2014 13:29

I am aware of the two issues, but thanks for making sure I know about them!
Will do my best to fix those the next few days. (There is still a lot of polishing to do on that ship, my priority was to get it working first.)

About the flak, I can see why you are saying that, it does deal a lot of damage, even though it is not very obvious that that is so. I will definitely take another look at it in a few days and maybe re-balance it. :)
amul
Site Admin

Return to Dev Log